Daily activities constantly produce toxic waste materials that can build up in the body to cause damage. Although the body can continually remove some of these toxic materials, cleansing is still recommended as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Cleansing refers to the act of removing toxins and toxic substances from the body. Cleansing does not only entail detoxification but also includes lifestyle changes to reduce the consumption of unhealthy food and drinks.
Several cleansing regimens are available depending on the patient's age, sex, symptoms, and set goals they have in mind. Regular cleansing is also recommended even in the absence of symptoms to keep the body free of toxic materials.
Clinical Basis of Cleansing
Cleansing and detoxification are two words that mean almost the same thing. Cleansing is aimed at removing toxins from the body to improve health and promote optimal system function. Toxins are produced by cellular processes or otherwise introduced from the environment. These toxins can build up to cause problems.
Naturally, the body has its own natural cleansing and detoxification system – the liver and kidneys. The liver can neutralize toxins in the blood, and clear out toxic waste products of food and drugs from the blood while the kidney excretes these waste products as urine.
Despite the efficiency of the body’s natural cleansing system, sometimes, it may struggle with a massive accumulation of these toxins. Cleansing aims to optimize the body’s natural removal of toxins to improve health. The issue with cleansing is that health professionals do not believe they help or work as much as they are marketed.
Best Ways to Detox Naturally
Detox begins from changes to diet and lifestyle to cut down toxins and reduce the load on the liver. Before investing in cleanser elixirs and cocktails, natural detox is the way to go. The best ways to detox naturally include:
• Reduce alcohol consumption – The liver is the site of the breakdown of every alcohol you consume. Little to moderate levels of alcohol are beneficial to heart health. When you consume large levels of alcohol, it puts an extra load on the liver and results in liver damage. Reducing alcohol consumption is essential to keep a healthy liver.
• Increasing water consumption – Water is the major body fluid and the medium for body metabolism. Water also transports waste products and toxins for excretion. Drinking more water and staying hydrated all day long improves natural detoxification.
• Increase probiotics in your diet – Probiotics are the natural gut flora (good bacteria) that maintain a healthy gut environment. Probiotics play an important role in detoxification by breaking down toxins in the gut and removing them from the body. Eating food rich in probiotics (such as yogurt) helps to maintain the bacterial balance in
• Reduce salt consumption – Excess salt consumption can cause high blood pressure and hypertension. Increased salt in the body can also increase water content by blocking the excretion of excess water from the blood. Reduction of salt in your food is essential in the removal of excess water by the kidneys.
• Add antioxidants to your diet – Normal body metabolism is constantly producing oxidative species which damage the cell, and DNA and cause diseases such as cancer,
liver disease, and heart disease. Oxidants can also be gotten from alcohol, tobacco, and pollutants in the environment. The body has a natural antioxidant system that can be overwhelmed by these oxidants. Food rich in antioxidants such as berries, fruits, vegetables, and nuts are excellent for cleansing.
• Reduced consumption of sugary foods and drinks – Sugar, just like salt can cause damage to the body when consumed in excess. High consumption of sugary foods has been associated with health conditions such as obesity, heart disease, and diabetes. Removing sugary foods and drinks from your diet is one of the best ways to detox
Common misconceptions about Cleansing and Detoxification
Cleansing is focused on eliminating toxins quicker and preventing the accumulation of toxic materials in the body. Detox therapies can include medications (such as diuretics), and vitamin and mineral supplements.
The science of cleansing and detox diets is clouded by multiple misconceptions that affect people’s understanding of the practice. Common misconceptions associated with detox diets and cleansing include:
• Cleansing alone can improve health – Cleansing uses detox diets and therapies to aid the removal of toxins in your body. Cleansing and cleansers cannot reverse the damage done to your organs (such as alcohol and fatty). Also, cleansing should not be used as an alternative to drugs and medications.
• Natural detoxification is not sufficient – The body’s detoxification system can detox itself efficiently. The liver is the site of detoxification, and it does a really good job at it.
When toxins accumulate and start to damage the liver, it can make it difficult to clear out toxins. This is why detox starts with cuttingsugars, alcohol, or bad fats out of the diet.
• Detox is enough for weight loss – Detoxing helps to cut out excess fat and sugars from the diet. In principle, following a detox diet will help you lose weight but is it sustainable for long-term weight loss plans.
• Detox is 100% safe – Why would something designed to help you be causing more harm to your body? The answer is it is possible. Care should be taken when you are using detox diets and therapies. From strict diets to supplements, and herbal teas, cleansers should only be administered and monitored by health professionals
At Oxyzhealth, we provide a wide range of cleansing services depending on your age, and current symptoms. At our clinics, you tell us your goals, whether it is weight loss, skin
rejuvenation, or vitality, and we will create personalized cleansing therapies for you. Some of the cleansing therapies available at our clinic include:
• Colon hydrotherapy – Colon hydrotherapy uses water to clean out the colon and the digestive system. This therapy helps clean out the digestive system of accumulated
• Liver IV detox drips – Detox IV drips containing different detox cocktails can be infused to remove toxins from the blood.
• Coffee enemas – Coffee enemas can be combined with colon hydrotherapy. This uses caffeinated preparations to clean out the colon and gut
• Chelation therapy – Heavy metal ions are powerful oxidants that can damage cell DNA and organelles. Chelation therapy can capture these heavy metals and remove them from the blood.
• Oxygen Therapy – can activate antioxidant systems in the body to reduce inflammation. therapy can remove toxins from your blood and cleanse the
Cleansing is a common practice that helps remove toxins from your system. Whenever we hear of cleansing or detox, we would probably think of those expensive teas, cocktails, and elixirs that promise to flush “your system” and make you feel refreshed
Complete overall cleansing is more than these. Overall cleansing also includes changes to diet and lifestyle to reduce the intake of toxins into your body. At Oxyzhealth, we are experts at cleansing.
Our health professionals provide consultations to guide you on your cleansing journey. Our therapies are safe and effective to really flush your system of toxic materials.